Cat lost in Lakeview, Chicago
Please help missing cat Mila
Call or text 773-580-4130
Click to download a poster to hang in your neighborhood: milaposter
Mila got out of her home on Lakewood between Diversey and Wolfram in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago on Saturday, September 6, 2014.
Mila is a a 3 year-old black-and-white cat with green-yellow eyes. Her back is black while her belly, chest and paws are white. She has black around her eyes and a small, round black button nose. Mila is wearing a black-and-white collar with her name and our number on it. The collar has no tags or bells attached.
Mila is not an outdoor cat. While she is very friendly, she may run or hide if approached by strangers. You could try to get her to eat cat food or snacks, or come inside.
Mila is micro-chipped through HomeAgain. Her official name is Milano and her chip number is 985-121-010-605-265. Any vet or shelter can check her chip for a match.
Possible Mila sightings
Area cats that look like Mila
There are many cats in our neighborhood who look like Mila. The best ways to make sure you are seeing the real Mila are:
- Check her collar (assuming it has not fallen off). Mila’s collar is black and white, with her name and our number on it. It has no bells or dangling tags.
- Look for a small, black button nose surrounded by white fur.
- Check out at her paws, which are white.
Here are some photos of other cats in the area who have been mistaken for Mila:
We also have a video of a cat (not Mila) crossing the street in front of our place and running into the alley.
Useful links for finding lost cats
- Craig’s List pets page
- Craig’s List lost and found
- Lost Cats of Illinois Facebook page
- Chicago Animal Control Cat (CACC) Transfer Facebook page
- Pet Harbor (list of animals at CACC)
- Reddit Chicago
- Yahoo group
- Tree House petspotter
Tools for finding lost cats
- Live video cameras
- Motion detection cameras
- Heat camera rentals
- Pet alert services
- Postcard services
- Humane trap rentals
General guides to finding lost pets
- What You Don’t Know About Lost Pets Can Hurt Them (Maddie’s Fund)
- Tools from Lost Cat Finder
- Tree House Humane Society
- PAWS Chicago
- Podcast to listen to while sitting in car looking for cat
Here’s some pictures of the guy who stole our humane cat trap from the alley on election night in November 2014. He worked hard for it since we did have it chained to a fence with a bike lock. I got to watch him taking it live on video from work. This is the second trap we have managed to have stolen in two months.
These photos were taken in the process of looking for Mila.